Your donation in any amount keeps Neighborhood House early child care, after school, teen, and adult ed programs accessible to Milwaukee children and families regardless of income.
Donations from the greater Milwaukee community are a vital source of funding for Neighborhood House, comprising 28% of our revenues. The annual gala and golf outing are our signature fundraising events where corporate sponsors and individual donors can and do make a big difference in the lives of NH children and families. Volunteers and in-kind donations are always welcome!
Here’s what we accomplished in the last year with your donations:
- Earned a five-star rating from YoungStar for our early childcare
- Launched a new Early Head Start partnership with Next Door
- Expanded job training for refugees at International Learning Center
- Opened our doors for public Skate Nights, Zumba, and more
- Transformed a vacant lot into a vibrant Garden Park on a vacant lot on 27th and Richardson
- Created a spectacular mosaic mural with Neighborhood House kids, artist Sally Duback, and SHARP Literacy
- Doubled summer urban agriculture and environmental programming
- Organized a festive Community Unity block party in August for over 500 neighbors and gave away over 300 backpacks with school supplies
- Provided classroom space for Burmese Immersion Project, a tutoring program for refugee kids
- Partnered with Artworks for Milwaukee for teen arts and job skills workshops
To learn more about giving opportunities at Neighborhood House, contact Development Director Claire Van Fossen, (414) 933-6161, ext. 127.
- Early childhood staff and kids share their stories on Radio 88.9
- This Radio 88Nine news story captures some of the excitement of a class for displaced workers at International Learning Center.
- WUWM’s LaToya Dennis interviews Phan Sanford about Efforts Underway in Wisconsin to Help Black Children Beat Odds Against Them