Days of Caring, Months of Giving

For a group of Johnson Controls employees, last year’s United Way Annual Days of Caring became something more than a way to get out of the office on a gorgeous September day. While mending fences, cleaning, and painting walls at Neighborhood House of Milwaukee, their encounters with the community center’s children and staff fostered a lasting relationship. As a result, Neighborhood House…

Neighborhood Skate Nights!

Get ready to roll at Neighborhood House this summer! Every third Friday is Neighborhood Skate Night – our roller rink is open to the community. Skate rental is FREE (must sign liability waiver) with a donation of 2 non-perishable food items for Central City Churches food pantry. Save these summer dates: June 19th, July 17th, August…

IN MEMORIAM: Hazelyn McComas

This week we mourn the passing of Hazelyn McComas, a passionate supporter of Neighborhood House. Executive Director Richard Cox reflects on her legacy. When I joined Neighborhood House in 2008, one of the first people Interim Executive Director Don Shane introduced me to was Hazelyn McComas. As we visited, I quickly understood the wisdom of…

Back to School Event Rocks the Block

Our annual Back to School Block Party was bigger than ever this year! With a record 320 in attendance, we gave out more than 140 fully-loaded backpacks. Another 150 received supplies to get their school year started off right. Performances included the Neighborhood House Idol talent contest, and special guest Woodsy Owl from the US Forest Service. Balloon animals,…